What is Mindfulness?
- “Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).” – James Baraz”
- lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- an increased ability to relax
- an ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- reduced pain and/or an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- greater vitality and enthusiasm for life
- improved self esteem and self acceptance